Westover Woods Homeowners Association

Latest News

Monday, September 28, 2015

August 2015 Board Minutes


Place: Cheryl Simpson’s  
Attendance:  Board Members – Chet Mayflower, Robert Stewart, Mike Lowden, Cheryl Simpson and Karen St.Clair; PSG Management – Larry Edwards and Susan Keene
Call to Order by Chet Mayflower at 6:35 p.m.
Reflections by Chet Mayflower
Review July Board MinutesBob Stewart made the motion to accept the minutes as written. 2nd by Mike Lowden. Motion passed.
Property Report by Larry Edwards                                                                                        
1.     Roofing-  4th set of homes completed with one set remaining  
2.     Waiting on price of shingles from Reece to be purchased in bulk for homes replaced in 2016
3.     Homeowner requests that HOA paint water stain in garage from old ice dam. After board discussion, Bob Stewart made a motion that interior painting of such, are the responsibility of the homeowner. 2nd by Mike Lowden. Motion passed.
Financial Report by Susan Keene
1.     YTD = $146,657.29
2.     $1,000 of $2380 was recovered from Key Bank in back HOA dues.
3.     2016 Budget Worksheet given to board for input.  Budget categories on worksheet were revised, reviewed and agreed by board. 
Beautification Projects suggested for 2016 by Mike Lowden
1.     New Westover Wood’s signage for entrance. Several board members would like to see the new signs purchased and installed this year if funding in the budget is available. Board will know more next month if this is possible after reviewing pricing and labor for signs. 
2.     New globes and LED bulbs for street lights at entrance
3.     Additional plants and rocks at entrance 
4.     Start Rip Rap around pond
Continuing Business
No meeting time left for this topic. Handouts were given to board and management on Pedcor Landscaping and Policy for Selecting Bids for discussion at September board meeting. 
Next Meeting and other dates
1.     Next board meeting – Tues. Sept. 22nd at 6:30 p.m.  Place: Mike Lowden’s
2.     Annual Picnic at Avon Shelter will be Sun. Oct. 4th at 4:00                                          
3.     Annual HOA meeting will be Mon.  November 16th    at 700 p.m.   Place Avon Town Hall

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.                                                
Submitted by Karen St.Clair/Board Secretary

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

July 2015 Board Minutes

Place:  Chet Mayflower’s
Attendance:  Board Members - Chet Mayflower, Bob Stewart, Cheryl Simpson, Karen St.Clair; PSG
Management – Larry Edwards and Susan Keene; Absent: Mike Lowden
Call to Order by Chet Mayflower at 6:35 p.m.
Reflections by Chet Mayflower
Review May Board Minutes - Bob made motion to accept minutes as revised.  2nd by Cheryl.  Motion passed.  New Board meeting expectations written and presented by Chet Mayflower (see attached agenda).
Financial Report by Susan Keene
1. YTD = 149,552.842. Key Bank owns Volpatti Estate after Sherriff sale on July 16th.  HOA fees of $2380 could not be collected.  Key Bank is only responsible for HOA fees from July 7th until sale of home.  The July dues will be prorated.  
Property Report by Larry Edwards
1.     Roofing  - completed 3rd set of homes
2.     Maintenance – Power washed homes with algae and  completed other minor repairs
3.     Rainstorm – electricity hit a home in June damaging a stove. Electricity repaired by PSG. New stove will be purchased by HOA due to lightening insurance coverage.
Continuing Business
1.   Sprinkler leak – Location of leak still unknown.  Sprinkler turned off in July.
2.   Final zoning for storage shed proposed for 100 South/Dan Jones Rd.  not on town agenda for July.
3.   Pedcor Update – To do: Susan will check with lawyer about request for reimbursement, and removal of stumps in addition to the replanting of trees.
New Business
      1. Budget for 2016 - New budget categories were discussed.   Larry projected price of shingles to increase. Cheryl Simpson made motion for Larry to work with Reese manufacturer to purchase shingles in bulk for roof replacements in 2016 to keep shingle cost at current rate; to be paid from Money Market account.   2nd by Bob Stewart.  Motion passed.  To do:  Susan will draft budget projections for 2016, including projections for roof project to the 2019 end date.
           2. Policy for selecting building contractors – To do: Karen to suggest ideas for discussion at next board meeting.  
          3. Selecting a lawyer from Hendricks County for zoning issues, etc. – After discussion and cost of keeping a lawyer on a retainer the board decided hiring an attorney was not a priority at this time.
      4. Preparations for Annual HOA meeting - To do: Cheryl will prepare boundaries of Westover Woods for distribution in Annual Meeting packet.  
Next Board Meeting:  Tues. August 25th. Location: Cheryl’s home.

Submitted by Karen St.Clair/Board Secretary