Westover Woods Homeowners Association

Latest News

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Annual Homeowner's Association Meeting November 2014

Place: Avon Town Hall
In Attendance: Board Members Chet Mayflower, President; Robert Stewart, Vice–President; Mike Lowden, Member-at-Large; Ralph Culver, Member-at-Large; Karen St.Clair, Secretary; Larry Edwards and Susan Keene, managers from Property Service Group; 13 residents, representing 12 homes.
I.    Call to order by Chet Mayflower at 7:00 p.m.
II.   Reflections and Prayer by Chet Mayflower
III.  Review of 2013 Minutes by Karen St.Clair
           A motion was made to approve the 2013 minutes by Bill 
           Slykas. 2nd by Sherri Lowden. Motion passed.
IV.  Annual Reports
       A.   Property Report by Larry Edwards
       1.   Roof Project – Additional 5 units (10 homes) had roofs
            replaced, keeping schedule on target.  Shingles and
            materials have been paid for in advance for 2015
            which helped negotiate a price, saving the
            association 40%.
        2.  Vinyl siding has been replaced on homes with damage.
        3.  Last check from DuPont from Imprellis claim was
            received and deposited
        4.  Improvements made around lake and common area
            with trees and bushes.
                  Q.  Concern on tree replacement along Pedcor’s
                  fence line.
                  A.  Karen St.Clair shared that Pedcor turned in
                  a counter offer to DuPont in August.  In October
                  Pedcor still had not responded to their counter
                  A motion was made to have a lawyer send a letter
                  to Pedcor Management requesting that they
                  replace the trees by June 2015 and reimburse
                  Westover Woods for the removal of the dead
                  trees. 2nd by Bill Slykas. Motion passed.
         B.   Beautification Report by Mike Lowden
         1.   2014 Projects – 2 burning bushes were replaced at
              the entrance; electricity was supplied to the pond;
              a fountain installed in the pond; 4 trees and 4
              burning bushes were planted around the pond;
              2 trees and 4 burning bushes were planted on
              the common lot.
         2.   2015 Proposed Projects – trees planted along Burnett
              Blvd; lights on signs at entrance; park benches
              around pond; community shelter on common lot
              with attached storage shed; yards and areas around
              the pond backfilled with dirt.  These projects could
              take 5-6 years depending on available funds.
         3.   Larry Edwards from PSG management shared that the
              entrance sign will eventually have to be replaced.

         C.   Architectural Report by Ralph Culver

         1.   Ralph reminded everyone to get in contact of him or
              the office if they are doing any improvements to
              the outside of their home for HOA approval. He also
              reminded everyone that building permits must be
              obtained and that any fences cannot interfere with
              the mowing.
         D.   Financial Reports
         1.   Income and Expenses by Susan Keene
                    ♦Oct. YTD = $ 143,729.08
                    ♦Ameriana Bank CD started at $75,000 but has
                    grown to $79,147.91 with interest earned.
                    ♦Reason for $3846.62 bill from Citizens Water
                    was from a leak in the water line. A petition
                    can be made to Citizen’s Water for
                    reimbursement once the water leak is repaired.
                    ♦Nationwide Insurance increase will only be 1%
                    instead of 2% due to no claims.
V.    Proposed Budget for 2015 by Bob Stewart
       Q.  Criteria on lawn care
       A.  Dollars and cents
       Q.  Suggestion to have contract for several years with
           Lawn Company
       A.  We have a 3 year contract with Classic Lawn Care
       Q.  Traffic concern with cars coming into
           Westover Woods from Pedcor Apts.
       A.  A traffic study has been done, but the Town of Avon has
           given other communities a higher priority for
           rectifying their traffic concerns.
       The majority of those in attendance and proxy votes
       accepted the proposed budget.
VII.   Election of Officers
       A motion was made by Bill Slykas to accept the nomination
       for Cheryl Simpson to remain on the board for a 3 year
       2nd by Sherri Lowden.  Majority of those in attendance and
       proxy votes elected Cheryl Simpson for a 3 year term
       as a board officer.  
VIII.  Date and Place for 2015 Annual Meeting
       Monday, November 16th at Avon Town Hall.
       Karen St.Clair will call Town to get date scheduled.
IX.    Adjournment at 8:25 p.m.

Submitted by Karen St.Clair/Board Secretary

Monday, November 2, 2015

September 2015 Board Minutes

Place: Mike Lowden’s home                                                                                     
Present: Board members Chet Mayflower, Bob Stewart, Mike Lowden, Cheryl Simpson, Karen St.Clair; PSG Management Larry Edwards and Susan Keene
Call to Order by Chet Mayflower at 6:30 p.m.
Reflections by Chet Mayflower
Review of August Board Minutes Bob Stewart made the motion to accept the minutes as written. 2nd by Mike Lowden. Motion passed.
Property Report by Larry Edwards                                                                                         
1. Roofing – completed reroofing last set of homes for 2015 
 2. Price for purchasing shingles by bulk from Reece Wholesale for 2016 did not increase (23 bundles) = $25,760.  Cheryl made the motion to purchase shingles in bulk from Reece Wholesale this year for the 2016 reroofing project. 2nd by Mike Lowden.  Motion passed. 
Financial Report by Susan Keene                                                  
 1.  YTD = $143,705.10 
 2.  Money to purchase shingles for 2016 reroofing project will come from Ameriana Money Market account
3.  2016 Budget reviewed and adjusted and will be finalized at October board meeting
New Business                                                                                                                                             1. Chet Mayflower made a suggestion to appoint 2 homeowners to be a liaison between the Town of Avon’s Town and Zoning Boards and Westover Wood’s Board.  After discussion, Bob Stewart made the motion to organize a liaison between the Town of Avon and Westover Woods. 2nd by Karen St.Clair.  Motion passed.  Homeowner names, not on the current board, were suggested. Chet will follow up with asking those people if they wish to be a liaison. They will work with the current board Vice President, Bob Stewart.  
2. The HOA Annual Meeting agenda was prepared by Chet and assignments given to board members on what they will discuss and/or present.                            
Continuing Business and Updates  
            1.  A new policy for Selecting Contractors and our Settlement with Pedcor will be reviewed in 2016
Continuing Business and Updates (Continued)
2. Tree Update by Bob Stewart – trees stumps have been removed and waiting on fall planting to be done by Pedcor.
3. Sprinkler System Update by Karen St.Clair – Several leaks have been identified, including a slow unidentified leak causing water to build up in the water pit. Identified leaks include 1.) valve leak in water pit repaired 2.) major break in line in zone #1 which has been shut off (only one head in this zone) and 3.) a sprinkler heads in zone #3 and #7 to be repaired or replaced.  Charlie St.Clair has been asked to turn the sprinkler system on/off as needed. Chet recommends that Keeping It Green Irrigation Company not be contacted anymore this year, but to turn off and winterize the irrigation system.  A motion was made by Cheryl Simpson to have the sprinkler system repaired this year. 2nd by Mike Lowden. Motion ended in a tie vote. Chet Mayflower broke the tie vote in favor of not repairing system leaks until next year.   $300 was added to the 2016 budget for necessary repairs next year.                             
4. Entrance Signs – After recommendations that we not replace the entrance signs until we have completed our roof project, Bob Stewart made the motion to have the entrance signs painted next spring. 2nd by Cheryl Simpson. Motion passed.  Cheryl will ask Lana Mitchell, whom painted the brick walls for Westover Woods, to give a bid on painting the entrance signs. It was suggested and agreed by the board that this expense be taken from the Beautification budget in 2016.            
Next Board meeting and other dates                                                                                   
1. Next Board meeting – Tues. Oct. 27th at 6:30 p.m. Place: Karen St.Clair’s home 
2. Annual Fall Picnic – Sun. Oct. 4th at 4:00 p.m. Place: Avon Town Park Shelter                  
3. Annual HOA meeting – Mon. Nov. 16th at 7:00 p.m Place: Avon Town Hall
Meeting Adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
Submitted by Karen St.Clair/Board Secretary
Action Items:
1.     Cheryl to ask Lana Mitchell If interested in painting the entrance signs. If so, ask for a bid for the job.
2.     Chet to ask suggested homeowners if they would be interested in being a liaison between Avon’s Town and Zoning boards and Westover Wood’s board.