Westover Woods Homeowners Association

Latest News

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

April 2015 Board Minutes

Present: Board Members – Chet Mayflower, Bob Stewart, Cheryl Simpson, Mike Lowden, Karen St.Clair;                   
PSG Management – Larry Edwards and Susan Keene
Place:  Mike Lowden’s home
I.    Call to order by Chet Mayflower at 6:45 p.m.
II.   Reflections by Chet Mayflower
III.  Introduction of Rob Cox from Classic Lawn Care for Q & A time about mowing service. Wednesday is the scheduled day for mowing in Westover Woods. Rain day will be following day. Weed whacking will occur weekly around homes, bi-weekly around pond with mechanical edging 1 x per year.  Shoot covers will be put down when mowing close to homes and air conditioners.  Siding damages will be repaired by Rob or contractor of choice. Rob has also been contracted to trim shrubs and plant flowers 2 x’s per year.  Rob will be on the property weekly along with 2-3 other employees.
IV.   Review March Minutes – approved as written
V.    Financial Report by Susan Keene
YTD funds =$160,795.43
1. To Do: Susan will initiate a name change on checking account, adding Cheryl Simpson to checking account at Ameriana Bank.
VI.    Property Report
1.  Roofing will begin once permits are obtained and be completed in monthly increments.  
2.  Majority of work completed in March included shingle replacement and responding to ice dams.
3.  After board discussion about who is responsible for gate latches, Cheryl Simpson made a motion that the HOA be responsible for the replacement of gate latches and gate hinges. 2nd by Mike Lowden. Motion passed.
VII.   Continuing Business
1.  Beautification update by Mike Lowden – 2 benches that have been ordered will be in by mid-May; 28 pear trees have been planted along Burnett Blvd. by PSG.
2.  Brick wall painting – Cheryl found out that Lana Mitchell is interested in painting scalded areas on brick walls.  To Do:  Cheryl will follow up with Lana for a bid to give Larry for board approval.
VIII.  New Business
1.  Salting Entrance – Both the Town of Avon and PSG have been treating the entrance causing a concern about the extra cost and necessity of work done by PSG.  Bob Stewart made a motion to present salting entrance concern to homeowners for a vote at the annual meeting.  2nd by Mike Lowden.
2.  Storage Facility – Developer plans to build storage facility on corner lot at 100 S and Dan Jones Road.  An Informational meeting is scheduled for Mon. April 28th.  A Plan Commission meeting to hear a rezoning request by the developer is scheduled on Mon. May 18th at 7:00 p.m.  Karen St.Clair and Bob Knopp gathered names from Westover Woods for a petition in opposition to the plan. To Do: Karen will take petition to Town of Avon’s Planning Dept. and send out an email to homeowners stressing importance of attending the May 18th meeting. Karen will also send Larry documents she has gathered about storage facility for lawyer’s advice on additional action Westover Woods could do to stop proposed development.
IV.    Beautification Project for 2016 by Mike Lowden - to be heard at May board meeting
X.     Next board meeting – Tues. May 19th at 6:30 p.m. Location: Karen St.Clair’s home
XI.   Adjourned at 8:50 p.m.
Submitted by Karen St.Clair/Board Secretary 

No comments:

Post a Comment